Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Rules of Colour and the Blatant Disregard Thereof

I’ve been embracing a bit of my inner goth recently. I was very much a goth as a teenager, but in all honesty, the scope of my interests is to broad to dedicate my makeup, hair and clothing to one particular style entirely. These days I tend to go with “if I like it, I do it” and that suits me down to the ground.

Recently though, I’ve been enjoying some of the more classic “goth” about my clothing and such; my current favourite handbag being my Ouija Board clutch bag from Curiology Online, which I love. I’ve also just treated myself to the Loose Tooth Raglan from Iron Fist as a little early birthday treat to myself. I was wearing this combination out over the weekend, but found myself at a loss for makeup.

The "Loose Tooth" Raglan from Iron Fist- more from them here at:- http://www.ironfist.co.uk/
and also my Ouija Board handbag from Curiology Online. Check them out here:- http://www.curiology.bigcartel.com/

My partner is usually pretty good for giving me ideas when I’m at a loss, and he suggested that, since I was wearing so much black, I did some neon green!

Neon green eyes- the neon is from the Sleek i-Divine Acid Palette

I really liked how it came out, but I’d say this is out of my comfort zone. Green is definitely not a “go-to” colour for me, since my eyes are bluish green, and as every makeup segment in any woman’s magazine will tell you, greens will wash the colour out of blue and green eyeballs. Usually, if I wear green, it’s as part of a rainbow look, or at the very least, I put it with colours that do flatter my eyes, such as golds and purples; to go all green was a bit new for me.

Something a little different


I think sometimes it’s worth remembering that the classic rules of makeup and style are there to be broken. I know this look didn’t exactly flaunt my eye colour to its full potential, but personally, I think up against all the black I was wearing, it made a pretty awesome statement. I was hesitant to try it at first, but now, I think I’d definitely go all green again in the future. It’s good to broaden your repertoire every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment