Sunday 8 March 2015

A Quick Update for a Crappy Week

I wouldn't say this has been a particularly good week, all in all. My partner's car died a painful death the week of my birthday, and since we came back from visiting my family, most of our time has been spent looking for another car, which has been a thankless task. Things have therefore been pretty busy.

We did a lot of trucking around this weekend going to various car dealers. Saturday was a glorious spring day, and we stopped at one of our favourite pubs for lunch. I had decided to wear my Iron Maiden t-shirt, which I got from Truffle Shuffle a couple of years ago and will link here:- http://www.truffleshuffle.co.uk/store/ladies-iron-maiden-mummy-tshirt-from-amplified-p-1888.html

Much in the same way as the neon green look I did a week or so ago, I wouldn't generally choose to go so blue as I actually did on the day, but I enjoyed this, particularly for a spring day. I usually just wear a black smoky eye for the kind of outfit I was wearing, so it was nice to go bright.

Bright blues and a flash of yellow. I wore Lunatick Cosmetic Labs' Apocalipslick in "London Bridge" on my lips

The look took a fair bit of layering to get the colours right. I tend to find blue eyeshadows to be the hardest to work with, which I think is just down to the ingredients used to get that sort of colour. I started with yellow in the inner corner (Buttercupcake from Sugarpill) and blended this ever-so-slightly with Mochi (also from Sugarpill). I picked this shade because it has a touch of green to it, which served to tie it in to my lid colour, which was Sigma's Blueberry Cream. I used Sugarpill's Velocity in my crease.

I've been enjoying colourful waterlines recently- I did this with Lunatick Cosmetic Lab's "Primetime" white base, set with Sugarpill's "Buttercupcake"; it lasted all day.

So yes, a bit of a crappy week, particularly as we're still without a car for my partner. It's definitely been a stressful start to the month, considering I'll be going full-time at my job this month as well. Hopefully, things will settle down soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment