Saturday 14 March 2015

Playing with Loose Pigments

Following the extreme annoyance of car-hunting over the past week, my partner and I have finally managed to find a car he is happy with- yay! I am extremely relieved, as the whole situation has been tiring and stressful.

My makeup for this week's car-hunting adventure was purple-heavy. There was no real reason for this, other than I like purple. I had a couple of ideas for things I wanted to play with this weekend, as my weekday makeup this week has mostly just been fueling my inner goth with eyeliner and my Lunatick Cosmetic Labs Apocalipslick in Tainted Temptress, which is a highly work-inappropriate black cherry colour.

Please forgive the blurry photo, but it was a bit of a rush this morning. I also have super watery eyes right now- curse you sleep deprivation!

I had wanted to play more with my loose eyeshadows, but just haven't had time or motivation, so that was part of my inspiration. My main lid colour, the sparkly lilac, is a Dazzle Dust from Barry M, as is the gold colour; unfortunately I don't know the names/numbers of the shades. I applied these over the Power Up Primer from Geek Chic Cosmetics, which I think works really well with these sorts of sparkly loose shadows. I used What's Under The Helmet from Geek Chic (which is a cool toned bluish lavender) on the outer part of the eyelid and Sugarpill's Poison Plum in the crease. I topped it all off by applying the gold Dazzle Dust to my waterline and Lunatick Cosmetic Labs Apocalipslick in Grave Heart Shift on my lips.

Playing with loose shadows; surprisingly quick and easy to work with over the right primer.

Overall, I think this look was quite simple to do, but it looked pretty bright and striking. I've never had much joy with loose shadows like this before; I think there's a lot to be said for a decent eyeshadow primer when it comes to this kind of pigment.

I'm quite glad things will hopefully start returning to normal; if I could just catch up on some sleep, that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment