Monday 16 February 2015

An Introduction

So here we are; I’m new to this blogging thing, and I have no clue as to whether there will be any interest. I do definitely feel like I have things I’d like to write about, specifically makeup, which unfortunately, very few people in my life take quite the same amount of interest in!



Firstly, a little about myself; I live in the UK and am in my late 20s. I have, in general, quite broad tastes and interests in most things; my interests include makeup & nail art, music, jewellery-making & polymer clay and copious amounts of video gaming.

Beauty-wise, I’ve never had any professional training with makeup. I do spend a lot of time bumming around on the internet watching videos and the like, but I’ve never taken any classes etc. My biggest beauty bugbear is that I have psoriasis, which I’m prone to getting on my face. Keeping my skin scale-free is a 24/7 job for me and it’s taken me about 5 years to find a routine and set of products that work well and fit my budget. Annoyingly though, my chin is super-oily and prone to glorious volcano spots; you’d think the curse of face-scales would be enough….

I’ve been playing with makeup for as long as I can remember; my sister is 13 years older than me so I grew up around a fashion-conscious teenager who enjoyed dressing me up. My mum, although I think she’d been loathed to admit it, has a bit of a glamourpuss streak in her, and being made up for special occasions or to go out for dinner was the norm.




So yes, this blog is going to be something to play around with while I play with my makeup and something to satisfy my desire to talk about some of my random hobbies. Welcome to the weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment