Friday 20 February 2015

Mariachi El Bronx- Revolution Girl

So on 11th February 2015, I was fortunate enough to be able to go see Mariachi El Bronx at The Bodega Club in Nottingham. I first saw Mariachi El Bronx in December 2014 when they were supporting Gogol Bordello, and although I went in with absolutely no prior knowledge of the band, I came away thinking they were pretty awesome; catchy Latino-inspired music, well performed by people who clearly love what they do. I was excited to see them again and was definitely not disappointed.

Check out more Mariachi El Bronx stuff here:- http://www.mariachielbronx.com/
Also, if you're local, check out The Bodega here:- http://www.bodeganottingham.com/

I always like to feel as though my makeup is a bit special to go to a gig. As soon as we ordered the tickets, I already had an idea in mind to use a pink loose eyeshadow from Geek Chic Cosmetics called “Revolutionary Girl”, as that name is obviously very close to “Revolution Girls”, being one of my favourite Mariachi El Bronx tunes!

Check out Geek Chic Cosmetics here:- http://www.geekchiccosmetics.com/

I decided to team the pink shadow with blue, and for that colour combination, I feel it’s always good to throw some purple in the mix; the pigments I chose for this were “The Lure” and “Naked Wedding” respectively, also from Geek Chic Cosmetics.

"Revolutionary Girl" from the "La Fillette Revolutionnaire" collection by Geek Chic Cosmetics

"The Lure" from the "This Is My Design" collection by Geek Chic Cosmetics 

"Naked Wedding" from the "Single Player" collection (originally from the "Boldly Go" collection) by Geek Chic Cosmetics

I’ve had my Geek Chic eyeshadows for a while, and had a play around with them before Christmas, but since receiving them, I’ve had my two Sugarpill Addicted to Pretty palettes, which have kind of overshadowed (if you’ll pardon the pun) some of the other new toys I’ve had. I have been very much enjoying the Power-Up Primer from Geek Chic, which I bought at release, and have been wearing almost on the daily; if you’d like an idea of why I like it, the pictures of my makeup were taken at 6pm before we left for the show. My makeup was applied at 7.30am and I did a full day of work in the intervening time. You can see how much glitter I retained, with no creasing or wearing problems at all.



Overall, my “Revolution Girl” look came out really well and it’s really inspired me to make more use of my Geek Chic Cosmetics eyeshadows as they were easy to use and looked great. I had a great time on the night and am looking forward to more gigs in 2015. This is actually my fourth gig in four months (Slash/Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators, Gogol Bordello, Slipknot/Korn and then this), but I’m ready for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment