Saturday 23 May 2015

Speedy Update- Makeup of the Week

It's been another busy week. I have a few posts I want to do, but just haven't had time to sort photos (in particular, decent swatches, plus I have new camera capabilities which I'm still learning how to use) so those things will be coming eventually, but, in the meantime, I thought I'd do a quick update with some of the things I've done this week.

I've worn an awful lot of plain eyeliner to work this week. I did, however, have two more interesting days. Firstly, I have a work shirt with orange flowers on it. I usually do a pastel look with orange and brown when I wear it, but I've recently been enjoying doing a simple colourful smokey eye with Sugarpill's Flamepoint, blended out with Buttercupcake. I get a lot of compliments at work when I wear this, plus it's so quick and simple to do.

Quick colourful smokey eye, and something to break the run of eyeshadow-less days this week

On Friday, I was feeling pretty colourful. I've recently placed my first order with Coloured Raine, and I've been trying out the lipsticks I bought from them (a review will be in-bound shortly). I particularly felt like wearing Emerald Raine, which is a bright green lipstick, so I did a simple blue and green "halo" eye, using Velocity and Mochi from Sugarpill, and then Almond Pear from Sigma in the centre.

Rounding out the working week with a blue and green halo eye- really this was just an excuse to wear green lipstick to work

As stated above, I plan on doing a more in-depth review of Coloured Raine, but I will say I'm impressed, and I am really pleased with the items I got. Emerald Raine is an awesome colour, but also has good staying power. It's definitely a conversation piece.

Emerald Raine in all it's glory. I swear this is work-appropriate. Check out Coloured Raine here:- https://www.colouredraine.com/

And typically, I managed to wipe my pictures of my Saturday makeup, however, I wasn't that happy with how it turned out in the end, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it! 

Hopefully, there will be some reviews and other update-y kind of things up and about soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment