Wednesday 13 May 2015

Looks For New Shirts & the Death of Yet Another Car

Unbelievably, following the death of my partner's car earlier in the year, my car suffered a terminal case of blown head gasket... on the way home from work on a Friday... after leaving late... leaving me stranded at the roadside for several hours. After all the hassle of trawling car dealerships endlessly to buy one new car, we then had to do the exact same thing over the May Day Bank Holiday weekend, which was truly miserable.

Needless to say, the whole debacle has been frustrating and exhausting, so I haven't felt like doing much in the way of updates, which is sad considering I've been favouring some pretty bright makeup for work over the last two or three weeks and have failed to take a decent photo of any of it.

I did, however, with the very last of my birthday money, make a purchase from Truffle Shuffle recently. The whole thing actually worked out quite well, as when I had just about decided to make a purchase, they released a discount code via their Facebook page, and I was able to get a huge discount and buy an extra item (which crossed the threshold for free postage and packaging too, so was a total bargain).

My recent Truffle Shuffle purchases (in need on de-creasing).
You can check out Truffle Shuffle here:- http://www.truffleshuffle.co.uk/store/

My first purchase was this gorgeous Cinderella t-shirt from Fabric Flavours. I loved everything about the colours and images on it that once I saw it on Facebook, I couldn't resist. 

The gorgeous Cinderella shirt by Fabric Flavours on Truffle Shuffle

When I did my makeup with this, my partner picked out the red, blue and gold shades specifically, which I did like the sound of, but I was keen to add in some pink to match the Cinderella text. I laid down Dollipop from Sugarpill on the brow bone for this purpose, which served as a transition colour for Love+, also from Sugarpill, in the crease. For the inner corner, I used Blueberry Cream from Sigma and added a gold Dazzle Dust from Barry M in the centre. 

The look I did to go with the Cinderella shirt- lots of bright matte shades, but with serious gold shimmer in the middle

I used Violet Whip, also from Sigma, as a blending colour for the inner corner around the edges of the blue; odd as it sounds to use lilac to blend red/pink with blue and gold with blue, I think it turned out rather well, and gave the blending an ethereal look. I was so pleased with the way the colour offset everything that I added it to my waterline over the Rimmel Scandaleyes Pencil in white. 

Considering it doesn't really tone in with the other colours, the lilac shade holds it all together

My bonus buy was the Pinky and the Brain t-shirt, which thankfully fell into the birthday money budget with the discount code. Who can resist that front and back print?

The awesome Pinky and the Brain shirt. I still remember the words to the theme tune.

When I was choosing colours for this, I felt like my main options were red, pink and white, which is one of those colour combinations for me where I very much have a "go-to" look which I wear every time, so I asked my (colourblind) partner for inspiration. He picked out blue and purple to go with this, which whilst still being a colour combination I wear all the time, is not a combination I usually put with red and pink.

I was pleased how clean this came off, considering there were four eyelid colours

I was quite pleased with how this look turned out; I particularly like how clean it seemed to look, considering it's also quite busy. I started with the white section (using the white from the Sleek Acid Palette as it's currently the only white eyeshadow I own) and used a bright blue from my 88 Palette in the inner corner (I have no idea what it is with the blue inner corner and me recently). I brought out Dollipop and then Love+ out to play again on the outer half of the eyelid,  and cut the crease with Sugarpill's Poison Plum.

I added a spot of glitter on the bottom lid to liven up the matte look.

I enjoyed playing with some new items and new ideas; at least it kept me entertained whilst on the hunt for new cars. Hopefully, I can start doing something else with my free time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment