Wednesday 8 April 2015

Speedy Inspiration

So, I just have time for a speedy update...

I've been having a real Iron Maiden phase in my car for the daily commute at the moment. Iron Maiden are probably my favourite band in general, but I tend to go through phases with different bands, and different albums etc. I've currently been listening to Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album in particular, and a while back, I bought myself an awesome t-shirt with the album cover design on.

The album cover for "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" by Iron Maiden. I was a toddler when this album came out, but I love it anyway.

With this being quite a blue t-shirt, I knew I wanted to use blues when I wore it. I remembered seeing ages ago a tutorial on Youtube from Biohazardhous Beauty, using the Sugarpill Heartbreaker palette (which I will link below) and I thought this would be something quick, but also bright and colourful to go with the t-shirt.

My recreation of Victoria's "Heartbreaker" tutorial- check out the original from Biohazardous Beauty here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQqfYu4wwvs

I followed Victoria's tutorial quite closely, although I did use my Lunatick Cosmetic Labs Primetime primer to give me a white base. I also skipped the green waterline as my eyes were a bit sensitive on the day.

Bright and colourful- please excuse the scabby psoriasis eyelids

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to pair this with a blue or purple lip, so I ended up doing a bit of both; using all Lunatick Labs Apocalipslicks (which yes, I am obsessed with- no shame!), I lined my lips with purple in Grave Heart Shift and filled in the sides with blue in London Bridge. I added a spot of Coven Cream in the centre to make a paler, greyish centre, just because I felt like it.

I love "Grave Heart Shift" and "London Bridge" so much that I couldn't choose between them

I like how it all turned it out, and with the tutorial to follow, it was quick and easy to throw together.

No comments:

Post a Comment